- Deliver advanced technology solutions focused around the entire life-cycle of enterprise IP networks communications and data center infrastructure, in a high growth, highly technical environment
- Provides Level 3 (advanced) technical system expertise; Oversight and accountability for resolution of outages, service level issues, and user/customer support needs in coordination with Operations
- Drive execution to align network activities to the infrastructure roadmap
- Review and develop a roadmap to accommodate business requirements and traffic growth
- Establishment of enterprise data network standards taking into account various in-flight initiatives
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Architect to review and optimize data network requirements for large-scale Mattel initiatives
- Develop and drive documentation of Standard Operating Procedure documents
- Solution Delivery & Integration:
- Lead Production Support and Project activities to provide a stable and secure data network environment to the business
- Ability to decompose a highly customized data network landscape and align to meet enterprise standards
- Ensure data network design is aligned with standards and best practices
- Support the infrastructure the infrastructure team in providing input to large project planning/design
- Establish initial IT estimates and budget for project deliverables
- Establish & maintain relationships with vendors and other departments
- Manage project timelines associated with technology efforts
Leading/Collaborating with People:
- Provide senior management with an integrated perspective, assessing risks and the effects of specific requirements on other processes and system priorities; ensure any proposed technology solutions are appropriately aligned with overall strategy
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, possess the ability to communicate with all management levels
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Thorough knowledge of industry best-practices/standards
- Deep analytical, interpersonal, organizational, communication & problem-solving skills
- Professional level understanding of routing protocols, including OSPF, BGP, EIGRP In-depth knowledge of Layer 3 switching, including 45XX and 65XX switches, Nexus, ASA Firewall, MPLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, and Load Balancing technologies
- Architecture tools/techniques
- Experience developing robust, highly-available, high performance computing environment involving multiple distributed systems
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational & problem-solving skills
- Virtualization experience
- Development of a global network technology roadmap and the establishment of reference architectures and standards
- Must have extensive experience building scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures
- Expert knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP protocol, IP Addressing (DHCP, NAT, etc).
- Extensive design experience in the following technologies: OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS, VLAN/Trunking, QoS, GSLB, IDS.
- Deep knowledge of firewall architecture (hardware - ASA/PIX/FWSM/ACL/Proxy).
- Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- PCI/SOX compliance experience as it relates to network security.